Let’s be real. A certain percentage of Booth nation saw that teen heartthrob Sean Kingston had a new song with Nicki Minaj called Letting Go (Dutty Love) and skipped right past. Their loss, because what they’re missing is one of the most shocking turn-arounds in music history as Kingston delivers poignant vocals about the Israel/Palestine conflict and Nicki drops the best rhymes I’ve heard since Illmatic… sorry, I couldn’t resist. In reality, Dutty Love is everything you’d expect: omnipresent production team Stargate deliver a shining beat that Kingston uses to (of course) sing about young love, while Nicki drops another schizo, though slightly calmer than usual, flow. It’s exactly the type of catchy, hip-pop song Kingston’s been putting out since Beautiful Girls, but is that really such a bad thing? We’ll find out soon in the comments below. Fans of the cherubic J.R. Rotem protégé will just have to keep it locked for further details on Kingston’s upcoming, untitled and unscheduled album, which I feel safe assuming will contain nothing but wall-to-wall tracks like Letting Go.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/9/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.