Let’s be real. A certain percentage of Booth nation saw that teen heartthrob Sean Kingston had a new song with Nicki Minaj called Letting Go (Dutty Love) and skipped right past. Their loss, because what they’re missing is one of the most shocking turn-arounds in music history as Kingston delivers poignant vocals about the Israel/Palestine conflict and Nicki drops the best rhymes I’ve heard since Illmatic… sorry, I couldn’t resist. In reality, Dutty Love is everything you’d expect: omnipresent production team Stargate deliver a shining beat that Kingston uses to (of course) sing about young love, while Nicki drops another schizo, though slightly calmer than usual, flow. It’s exactly the type of catchy, hip-pop song Kingston’s been putting out since Beautiful Girls, but is that really such a bad thing? We’ll find out soon in the comments below. Fans of the cherubic J.R. Rotem protégé will just have to keep it locked for further details on Kingston’s upcoming, untitled and unscheduled album, which I feel safe assuming will contain nothing but wall-to-wall tracks like Letting Go.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.