Already possessing a #1 hit in the controversial Beautiful Girls, the lead single off his self-titled debut offering, Jamaican crooner Sean Kingston is currently gearing up for the release of his sophomore opus. Though I’m at War failed to live up to expectations despite the presence of rap megastar Lil Wayne, the LP’s official lead single, Fire Burning, was an unreserved smash. In hopes of repeating that success, the baby-faced vocalist has released a bevy of potential singles, including Island Queen, a Smeezingtons-produced song heavily influenced by Kingston’s Caribbean roots. This single is available (along with a few others) through iTunes as part of Countdown to Tomorrow, an online series leading up to the album’s arrival this fall.
Written by Rakeem on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.