Already possessing a #1 hit in the controversial Beautiful Girls, the lead single off his self-titled debut offering, Jamaican crooner Sean Kingston is currently gearing up for the release of his sophomore opus. Though I’m at War failed to live up to expectations despite the presence of rap megastar Lil Wayne, the LP’s official lead single, Fire Burning, was an unreserved smash. In hopes of repeating that success, the baby-faced vocalist has released a bevy of potential singles, including Island Queen, a Smeezingtons-produced song heavily influenced by Kingston’s Caribbean roots. This single is available (along with a few others) through iTunes as part of Countdown to Tomorrow, an online series leading up to the album’s arrival this fall.
Written by Rakeem on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.