Already possessing a #1 hit in the controversial Beautiful Girls, the lead single off his self-titled debut offering, Jamaican crooner Sean Kingston is currently gearing up for the release of his sophomore opus. Though I’m at War failed to live up to expectations despite the presence of rap megastar Lil Wayne, the LP’s official lead single, Fire Burning, was an unreserved smash. In hopes of repeating that success, the baby-faced vocalist has released a bevy of potential singles, including Island Queen, a Smeezingtons-produced song heavily influenced by Kingston’s Caribbean roots. This single is available (along with a few others) through iTunes as part of Countdown to Tomorrow, an online series leading up to the album’s arrival this fall.
Written by Rakeem on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.