Already possessing a #1 hit in the controversial Beautiful Girls, the lead single off his self-titled debut offering, Jamaican crooner Sean Kingston is currently gearing up for the release of his sophomore opus. Though I’m at War failed to live up to expectations despite the presence of rap megastar Lil Wayne, the LP’s official lead single, Fire Burning, was an unreserved smash. In hopes of repeating that success, the baby-faced vocalist has released a bevy of potential singles, including Island Queen, a Smeezingtons-produced song heavily influenced by Kingston’s Caribbean roots. This single is available (along with a few others) through iTunes as part of Countdown to Tomorrow, an online series leading up to the album’s arrival this fall.
Written by Rakeem on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.