Sean Kingston and the man behind his fame, producer Jonathan “JR” Rotem, were shocked at how fast Beautiful Girls became a national pop sensation. So, as the old adage goes: If it isn’t broke, don’t try to fix it. Sean’s second single, Me Love, once again has an easy-to-sing-along chorus and that keen ability to have listeners humming the notes sometime later in their day. For the remix Kingston scooped up rapper Plies, who similar to himself, was shocked at the popularity he gained from his debut single, Shawty. Kingston’s self-titled debut album is currently in stores.
Written by DJ Z on 09/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.