Sean Kingston and the man behind his fame, producer Jonathan “JR” Rotem, were shocked at how fast Beautiful Girls became a national pop sensation. So, as the old adage goes: If it isn’t broke, don’t try to fix it. Sean’s second single, Me Love, once again has an easy-to-sing-along chorus and that keen ability to have listeners humming the notes sometime later in their day. For the remix Kingston scooped up rapper Plies, who similar to himself, was shocked at the popularity he gained from his debut single, Shawty. Kingston’s self-titled debut album is currently in stores.
Written by DJ Z on 09/16/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.