Sean Kingston and the man behind his fame, producer Jonathan “JR” Rotem, were shocked at how fast Beautiful Girls became a national pop sensation. So, as the old adage goes: If it isn’t broke, don’t try to fix it. Sean’s second single, Me Love, once again has an easy-to-sing-along chorus and that keen ability to have listeners humming the notes sometime later in their day. For the remix Kingston scooped up rapper Plies, who similar to himself, was shocked at the popularity he gained from his debut single, Shawty. Kingston’s self-titled debut album is currently in stores.
Written by DJ Z on 09/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.