Sean Kingston and the man behind his fame, producer Jonathan “JR” Rotem, were shocked at how fast Beautiful Girls became a national pop sensation. So, as the old adage goes: If it isn’t broke, don’t try to fix it. Sean’s second single, Me Love, once again has an easy-to-sing-along chorus and that keen ability to have listeners humming the notes sometime later in their day. For the remix Kingston scooped up rapper Plies, who similar to himself, was shocked at the popularity he gained from his debut single, Shawty. Kingston’s self-titled debut album is currently in stores.
Written by DJ Z on 09/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.