As anyone who knows me well can attest, I have a very dirty mind, so you can only imagine the jokes that went through my head when I heard the title of Sean Kingston’s single Face Drop. However, the last thing I need right now is the FCC coming after me on obscenity charges, so let’s just concentrate on the music, shall we? Face Drop, which actually references the face Kingston’s ex-girl makes when she sees him doing so well, was an official single off his new album Tomorrow, and now it’s been remixed by adding former teen heartthrob Pleasure P (who’s now a full grown man) and bringing on producer Kane for a lighter and more up-tempo version of the original. It’s not the second coming of Marvin Gaye, but I have to hand it to Kingston, the man knows how to make some enjoyable pop music. Kingston’s album Tomorrow is in stores now. Keep it locked to DJBooth for all the latest.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.