When it comes to love and attraction, is it really what’s inside that counts? If your answer is “Yes,” I’ve got a Mother Teresa swimsuit calendar you might be interested in. Okay, okay, that’s a little cynical—for a second opinion, we turn to Sean Kingston, who’s back with the second single off his forthcoming Tomorrow LP (due out September 22nd). On the newly-released Face Drop, the dancehall-pop hitmaker lets a female who gives him grief over his weight know that, if she’s not going to appreciate him for him, he’s better off on his own. Backed by Lucas Secon‘s midtempo, synth-heavy boardwork and featuring a hook as catchy as just about anything Kingston’s come up with, this cut has enough club/radio appeal to give Fire Burning a run for its money. Here’s hoping the superficial shorty Kingston’s addressing here hasn’t turned him off the idea of hopping on the treadmill, though—physical fitness means a longer life, and that means more catchy tunes for all the fans who already like Kingston just the way he is.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.