In the works since way back in 2010, Sean Kingston‘s junior studio album has been plagued with setbacks and false starts from the get-go. Determined to get the project on the release calendar once and for all, the Island-pop mainstay pulls out the big guns on the “official” lead single. (Previous efforts like Letting Go and title track Back 2 Life were apparently just test runs.) In addition to sharing its title with one of Michael Jackson‘s biggest hits, the joint packs not one but two top-shelf guest features; Steel City hitmaker Wiz Khalifa and R&B giant Chris Brown lend their vocals to the record, joining Kingston over Nic Nac‘s simple, yet addictive bassline. Setting aside how disturbing it is to hear Breezy sing about beating anything, the record seems to have all the makings of a hit. Or have I got it twisted? If you’re feeling it, you can stay tuned to our pages for all the latest on Back 2 Life, due out (hopefully) sometime this year.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Sean Kingston’s Colin Tilley-directed Beat It visual.
Written by richard on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.