In the works since way back in 2010, Sean Kingston‘s junior studio album has been plagued with setbacks and false starts from the get-go. Determined to get the project on the release calendar once and for all, the Island-pop mainstay pulls out the big guns on the “official” lead single. (Previous efforts like Letting Go and title track Back 2 Life were apparently just test runs.) In addition to sharing its title with one of Michael Jackson‘s biggest hits, the joint packs not one but two top-shelf guest features; Steel City hitmaker Wiz Khalifa and R&B giant Chris Brown lend their vocals to the record, joining Kingston over Nic Nac‘s simple, yet addictive bassline. Setting aside how disturbing it is to hear Breezy sing about beating anything, the record seems to have all the makings of a hit. Or have I got it twisted? If you’re feeling it, you can stay tuned to our pages for all the latest on Back 2 Life, due out (hopefully) sometime this year.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Sean Kingston’s Colin Tilley-directed Beat It visual.
Written by richard on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)