I hate to say it, folks, but I think I may be losing my edge – after clicking “play” on Sean Kingston‘s latest single and having no idea what he was talking about, I Googled ”BBM” to discover that Blackberry Messenger had been around since, like, 2006. Chalk it up to being an Android user, I guess. Anyway, this freshly-released lead single finds the hitmaker hooking up with two fellow young whippersnappers to pay tribute to the new(er)fangled communication app that’s gonna send SMS the way of the carrier pigeon. Over Detail‘s radio-ready synths, Kingston announces that, now that he’s copped a Blackberry, he’s sworn off texting in favor of instant messaging. Soulja Boy supports Sean’s decision on the back, flaunting his female appeal (and dropping a “bestest/restest” couplet sure to elicit dramatic eye-rolls from lyrical heads) in a swag-soaked guest 16, and Teairra Mari ties it all together with some tuneful hook vocals. Digging this tech-savvy jam? Then keep it locked for the latest on Kingston’s third album, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date. Also, watch out for Soulja’s junior set, The DeAndre Way, which drops on the November 30.
Written by richard on 11/23/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.