It’s been said more than once around these parts that a major guest feature can be a double-edged sword; just take Sean Garrett’s new promo single Get It All. On one hand, we’re probably not talking about this track, and by extension Garrett, if it didn’t contain a guest verse from the hotly controversial Nicki Minaj. On the other hand, it’s never a good thing when an artist gets overshadowed on their own track, which is exactly what happens here. Garrett, whose songwriting skills are undeniable (see Mario’s Break Up), isn’t exactly displaying the full range of his production skills on Get It All - there’s a fine line between minimalistic and simplistic, and this feels like the former - and his vocal skills don’t exactly impress. Still, you have to admit that Sean Garrett’s on your radar, and considering he recently left Interscope to start his own label, that’s a mission accomplished for Mr. Garrett. Stay tuned for more from the man they call, simply, The Pen.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/26/10
Submit your Rating
Bet I Penned It
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grippin on My Bed ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.