Sean Garrett has one of those names that you instantly recognize, but can’t quite place. You’ve probably read about him in music news and reviews, yet you can’t recall any of his work. Well, how about Usher’s Yeah!? Chris Brown’s Run It? Ciara’s Goodies? While Garrett’s solo career has yet to take off, he is the producer-songwriter responsible for a handful of chart-topping hits. Now, the man behind the scenes is doing his best to make it to center stage. His new single, 6 In The Mornin’, is an up-tempo R&B track with strong club appeal. It’s surprising that Garrett stuck to the production/writing side of things for so long, because his voice is actually quite easy on the ears. The beat is standard. cookie-cutter club material, but it certainly doesn’t detract from his vocals. Rick Ross mixes things up by kicking things off with a guest verse. 6 In The Mornin’ will appear on Garrett’s debut album, Turbo 919.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/25/08
Submit your Rating
Bet I Penned It
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grippin on My Bed ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.