Sean Garrett has one of those names that you instantly recognize, but can’t quite place. You’ve probably read about him in music news and reviews, yet you can’t recall any of his work. Well, how about Usher’s Yeah!? Chris Brown’s Run It? Ciara’s Goodies? While Garrett’s solo career has yet to take off, he is the producer-songwriter responsible for a handful of chart-topping hits. Now, the man behind the scenes is doing his best to make it to center stage. His new single, 6 In The Mornin’, is an up-tempo R&B track with strong club appeal. It’s surprising that Garrett stuck to the production/writing side of things for so long, because his voice is actually quite easy on the ears. The beat is standard. cookie-cutter club material, but it certainly doesn’t detract from his vocals. Rick Ross mixes things up by kicking things off with a guest verse. 6 In The Mornin’ will appear on Garrett’s debut album, Turbo 919.
Bet I Penned It
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grippin on My Bed ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!