Sean Garrett has one of those names that you instantly recognize, but can’t quite place. You’ve probably read about him in music news and reviews, yet you can’t recall any of his work. Well, how about Usher’s Yeah!? Chris Brown’s Run It? Ciara’s Goodies? While Garrett’s solo career has yet to take off, he is the producer-songwriter responsible for a handful of chart-topping hits. Now, the man behind the scenes is doing his best to make it to center stage. His new single, 6 In The Mornin’, is an up-tempo R&B track with strong club appeal. It’s surprising that Garrett stuck to the production/writing side of things for so long, because his voice is actually quite easy on the ears. The beat is standard. cookie-cutter club material, but it certainly doesn’t detract from his vocals. Rick Ross mixes things up by kicking things off with a guest verse. 6 In The Mornin’ will appear on Garrett’s debut album, Turbo 919.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/25/08
Submit your Rating
Bet I Penned It
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grippin on My Bed ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.