After years of writing for prime-time artists (Usher, Ciara, Nicki Minaj), Sean Garrett is (still) looking to establish himself as a heavy-hitting performer. And with his latest single, Feel Love, he tackles this challenge in a softer tone. With simple, repetitive production, the focus is directed to the vocals, and at first the song doesn’t impress. However, after multiple spins Garrett’s lyrics and voice sound a bit better, and the song maintains a certain catchy feel. Now, I’m sure the majority of you clicked here for the J. Cole feature, so here it is: The song is about love and relationships, and this is not a knock on Cole, but this department may not be his strong suit. His verses aren’t weak, but they do raise some eyebrows as the NC emcee sounds a bit out of place. To make things even more complicated, Cole was a replacement as his arch-nemesis Drake was originally featured - Drizzy probably would have sounded more at home here. If you’re feeling this cut, be sure to look for Garrett’s upcoming debut on Roc Nation, Courtesy Of, which has yet to be given a release date.
Written by Jon Garcia on 10/31/10
Submit your Rating
Bet I Penned It
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grippin on My Bed ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.