Feeling a little down in the dumps? First-time featuree Sean Falyon‘s here to put things into perspective with the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. Wonderful Life finds the Philadelphia-bred, Atlanta-based up-and-comer and a Booth-acclaimed neighbor taking a trip down Memory Lane, waxing poetic about life’s ups and downs over the appropriately nostalgic, piano-led boardwork of The Weathermen. Playboy Tre laces his opening verse with a mix of vivid storytelling and hard-nosed wisdom (“Never make wives out of stubborn hos”), and the headliner teaches us a lesson on making lemons out of lemonade on the back end, spitting, “This ain’t the tube, so we’ll never see a silver spoon/ We just make the best of the rusted one we’re used to.” Topped off with singer Scar‘s warm chorus vocals, this positive-minded jam will undoubtedly have Booth readers nodding in agreement. Fans should keep it locked to our front page for the latest on the unsigned emcee’s Sean Falyon “BE” Everywhere LP, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.