Given that this feature is going live in the afternoon, I have no idea why you’d already be contemplating hitting the hay. On the off chance you are considering turning in ultra-early (or live on the other side of the globe), though, may I suggest that you STAY UP at least long enough to give Sean Falyon‘s latest feature a spin? Contrary to what those last two sentences (which I’ll admit I penned before fully listening to the joint) imply, the title of the Philly repper’s new promo single refers not to wakefulness, but to altitude—both literal and metaphorical. Falyon conceived the joint while soaring at 30,000 feet above the Earth’s surface, after hitting three cities in the course of a week. Backed by M $tacks’ dreamy harp and sax loops, the artist reflects on lofty heights he’s reached in the game and insists he’s “not ever comin’ down.” This record isn’t part of a larger project, but those feeling it would be well-advised to check out Falyon’s December EP, recently released for free streaming and digital purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/12/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonderful Life" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.