Movie soundtracks usually do a great job of matching a track to every scene. For example, Kanye’s music would be great for a scene where perfect 10 girls walk into the party, or Soulja Boy would be “you”-ing in the background whenever someone gets drunk and acts ridiculous. In Sean Falyon’s case, his new track All I Know would fit well for a slow-coasting scene with the top back on a sunny summer day. The Weatherman’s old school beat is reminiscent of the days when hip-hop was more about music and less about ringtones, plus features from Freddie Gibbs and BoneCrusher playing the hookman role only enhance the throwback vibe. More importantly, Falyon himself holds his own on the track, dropping rhymes like: “I’m the team of me/ running in the league/ they can’t predict where I’ve been or where I’m gonna be.” If you liked this track, be sure to check out his forthcoming mix-album, Sean Falyon Be Everywhere, dropping soon, and of course keep it locked to DJBooth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonderful Life" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.