Movie soundtracks usually do a great job of matching a track to every scene. For example, Kanye’s music would be great for a scene where perfect 10 girls walk into the party, or Soulja Boy would be “you”-ing in the background whenever someone gets drunk and acts ridiculous. In Sean Falyon’s case, his new track All I Know would fit well for a slow-coasting scene with the top back on a sunny summer day. The Weatherman’s old school beat is reminiscent of the days when hip-hop was more about music and less about ringtones, plus features from Freddie Gibbs and BoneCrusher playing the hookman role only enhance the throwback vibe. More importantly, Falyon himself holds his own on the track, dropping rhymes like: “I’m the team of me/ running in the league/ they can’t predict where I’ve been or where I’m gonna be.” If you liked this track, be sure to check out his forthcoming mix-album, Sean Falyon Be Everywhere, dropping soon, and of course keep it locked to DJBooth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 01/11/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonderful Life" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.