As an artist who’s found himself hoping to “inspire the world with his words,” Southern California spitter Sean Brown has quite the noble task in front of him. With his candid debut, Letter To God, however, he’s off to a worthy start. On the Whole Foods record, Brown finds himself facing his struggles head on as he addresses financial issues, the desire to sin and more, all while attempting to remain positive in his rhymes. The accompanying music video for Letter To God, which was directed by both HollaAtGil and Born Original Productions, finds the rapper surrounded by temptation, whether it be an inviting bottle of vodka or a woman clad in lacy, red lingerie. The Joel Johnston-produced record is featured on Brown’s non-grocery-store-related Whole Foods mixtape, which was released in September.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
Tha Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Morning Sun" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.