As an artist who’s found himself hoping to “inspire the world with his words,” Southern California spitter Sean Brown has quite the noble task in front of him. With his candid debut, Letter To God, however, he’s off to a worthy start. On the Whole Foods record, Brown finds himself facing his struggles head on as he addresses financial issues, the desire to sin and more, all while attempting to remain positive in his rhymes. The accompanying music video for Letter To God, which was directed by both HollaAtGil and Born Original Productions, finds the rapper surrounded by temptation, whether it be an inviting bottle of vodka or a woman clad in lacy, red lingerie. The Joel Johnston-produced record is featured on Brown’s non-grocery-store-related Whole Foods mixtape, which was released in September.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
Tha Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Morning Sun" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.