Sean Brown‘s previous features, Letter to God, Morning Sun and 100 Thousand, found the Golden State emcee offering a brutally honest account of his struggles in the personal, professional, spiritual and economic arenas. With all the complicated sh*t on his plate, it’s understandable that he often fantasizes about going back to those Good Old Days when playing with friends was the only item on his to-do list. On this freshly-minted mixtape single, making its world premiere on our front page, Brown’s own minimal, sample-laced production sets the stage for fond recollections of his childhood, from days whiled away vibing out to classic hip-hop to evenings spent in front of the tube, watching the Lakers annihilate their challengers. Fellow Cali native Mann and Milwaukee-repping Booth regular Gerald Walker spit nostalgic guest verses. For Good Old Days and much more, cop the headliner’s MASCOT tape when it drops digitally on Monday, March 17.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
Submit your Rating
Tha Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Letter To God" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.