Sean Brown‘s previous features, Letter to God, Morning Sun and 100 Thousand, found the Golden State emcee offering a brutally honest account of his struggles in the personal, professional, spiritual and economic arenas. With all the complicated sh*t on his plate, it’s understandable that he often fantasizes about going back to those Good Old Days when playing with friends was the only item on his to-do list. On this freshly-minted mixtape single, making its world premiere on our front page, Brown’s own minimal, sample-laced production sets the stage for fond recollections of his childhood, from days whiled away vibing out to classic hip-hop to evenings spent in front of the tube, watching the Lakers annihilate their challengers. Fellow Cali native Mann and Milwaukee-repping Booth regular Gerald Walker spit nostalgic guest verses. For Good Old Days and much more, cop the headliner’s MASCOT tape when it drops digitally on Monday, March 17.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
Rising emcee and producer Sean Brown has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Mascot mixtape. The project packs 17 original jams from the Golden State up-and-comer, including reader-approved singles...
Tha Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Letter To God" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.