Last we heard from Sean Brown, he was reflecting candidly on his personal and professional struggles on September’s reader-approved Morning Sun. Today, the Alumni Music Group signee returns with another serving of real talk in the form of new promo single 100 Thousand. Just how real are we talking? Well, the Los Angeles native acknowledges that he probably won’t blow up in his lifetime. Instead, he hopes for a little appreciation after he’s gone: “No I don’t think I’ll pop, but I’ll have this world shocked / when they dig up all my classics, like, ‘He shoulda been on top.’” As usual, Brown does his own production, blending mournful samples from Sam Dees’s Trouble Child with tension-fraught piano and strings. 100 Thousand isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/10/13
Rising emcee and producer Sean Brown has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Mascot mixtape. The project packs 17 original jams from the Golden State up-and-comer, including reader-approved singles...
Tha Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Letter To God" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.