Last we heard from Sean Brown, he was reflecting candidly on his personal and professional struggles on September’s reader-approved Morning Sun. Today, the Alumni Music Group signee returns with another serving of real talk in the form of new promo single 100 Thousand. Just how real are we talking? Well, the Los Angeles native acknowledges that he probably won’t blow up in his lifetime. Instead, he hopes for a little appreciation after he’s gone: “No I don’t think I’ll pop, but I’ll have this world shocked / when they dig up all my classics, like, ‘He shoulda been on top.’” As usual, Brown does his own production, blending mournful samples from Sam Dees’s Trouble Child with tension-fraught piano and strings. 100 Thousand isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
Tha Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Letter To God" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.