Last we heard from Sean Brown, he was reflecting candidly on his personal and professional struggles on September’s reader-approved Morning Sun. Today, the Alumni Music Group signee returns with another serving of real talk in the form of new promo single 100 Thousand. Just how real are we talking? Well, the Los Angeles native acknowledges that he probably won’t blow up in his lifetime. Instead, he hopes for a little appreciation after he’s gone: “No I don’t think I’ll pop, but I’ll have this world shocked / when they dig up all my classics, like, ‘He shoulda been on top.’” As usual, Brown does his own production, blending mournful samples from Sam Dees’s Trouble Child with tension-fraught piano and strings. 100 Thousand isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
Tha Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Letter To God" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.