Last we heard from Sean Brown, he was reflecting candidly on his personal and professional struggles on September’s reader-approved Morning Sun. Today, the Alumni Music Group signee returns with another serving of real talk in the form of new promo single 100 Thousand. Just how real are we talking? Well, the Los Angeles native acknowledges that he probably won’t blow up in his lifetime. Instead, he hopes for a little appreciation after he’s gone: “No I don’t think I’ll pop, but I’ll have this world shocked / when they dig up all my classics, like, ‘He shoulda been on top.’” As usual, Brown does his own production, blending mournful samples from Sam Dees’s Trouble Child with tension-fraught piano and strings. 100 Thousand isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
Tha Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Letter To God" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.