If you think you can get in the way of Sean Boog‘s hustle and emerge unscathed, think again; the North Carolina up-and-comer’s found his lane and, like the rap equivalent of a rampaging monster truck, he’s fixing to bowl over anyone who crosses his path. Previously glimpsed as a guest on King Mez’ Everything the Away Team member takes his first solo features as an opportunity to share his philosophy on success in the game: “If I can’t have it., I’m Takin It.” Khrysis’ instrumental, fueled by bombastic brass and featuring a hook sampled from Group Home’s Livin’ Proof, sets an appropriately triumphant mood as the emcee charts a path to rap stardom, pledging to “go for the jugular and let the rest hash it out.” Sean Boog’s tenacity is beyond question, but does he have the skills to make it to the top? I think I know the answer but, as always, I’ll let Booth readers have the final say. In any case, listeners hungry for more dope tunes can satisfy their craving their Saturday (December 18), when Light Beers Ahead of You hits store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.