Earlier this month, Away Team emcee Sean Boog earned Booth acclaim for retro-informed mixtape single 1-2-3. On relationship-themed follow-up Fight the Feeling, 9th Wonder‘s chopped-soul-sample boardwork sets the stage for the headliner’s reflections on a dying love, as well as guest bars by fellow N.C. natives Rapsody and HaLo. Does this poignant selection leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Boog’s Phantom of the Jamla street album, set to hit the ‘net May 17.
Written by richard on 04/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.