Earlier this month, Away Team emcee Sean Boog earned Booth acclaim for retro-informed mixtape single 1-2-3. On relationship-themed follow-up Fight the Feeling, 9th Wonder‘s chopped-soul-sample boardwork sets the stage for the headliner’s reflections on a dying love, as well as guest bars by fellow N.C. natives Rapsody and HaLo. Does this poignant selection leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Boog’s Phantom of the Jamla street album, set to hit the ‘net May 17.
Written by richard on 04/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)