Earlier this month, Away Team emcee Sean Boog earned Booth acclaim for retro-informed mixtape single 1-2-3. On relationship-themed follow-up Fight the Feeling, 9th Wonder‘s chopped-soul-sample boardwork sets the stage for the headliner’s reflections on a dying love, as well as guest bars by fellow N.C. natives Rapsody and HaLo. Does this poignant selection leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Boog’s Phantom of the Jamla street album, set to hit the ‘net May 17.
Written by richard on 04/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.