Since time immemorial, poetic talent has been regarded as issuing from a mysterious source well beyond human understanding—and, since the poets were mostly dudes, that supernatural wellspring of inspiration has typically taken the form of a beautiful woman. Following in the tradition of the Greeks, who held the muse Euterpe responsible for beautiful music and lyricism, Sean Boog pays devout tribute to a woman named Hip-Hop on his latest single, A Love Never Dies. Over Jamla boss 9th Wonder‘s characteristically deft sample work, the Away Team emcee reaffirms his commitment to the girl who’s held him down through thick and thin. First in Flight State producer/emcee Khrysis celebrates her resilience (”A nation of millions, it couldn’t hold her back…”) on verse one, and Booth fave Rapsody waxes poetic about the genre she loves (minus the female personification) on the back end. Has this musical love letter left you starstruck? More dope beats and reflective rhymes await on Sean Boogie Nights, scheduled for release July 10, via The DJBooth and iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.