Since time immemorial, poetic talent has been regarded as issuing from a mysterious source well beyond human understanding—and, since the poets were mostly dudes, that supernatural wellspring of inspiration has typically taken the form of a beautiful woman. Following in the tradition of the Greeks, who held the muse Euterpe responsible for beautiful music and lyricism, Sean Boog pays devout tribute to a woman named Hip-Hop on his latest single, A Love Never Dies. Over Jamla boss 9th Wonder‘s characteristically deft sample work, the Away Team emcee reaffirms his commitment to the girl who’s held him down through thick and thin. First in Flight State producer/emcee Khrysis celebrates her resilience (”A nation of millions, it couldn’t hold her back…”) on verse one, and Booth fave Rapsody waxes poetic about the genre she loves (minus the female personification) on the back end. Has this musical love letter left you starstruck? More dope beats and reflective rhymes await on Sean Boogie Nights, scheduled for release July 10, via The DJBooth and iTunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.