Since time immemorial, poetic talent has been regarded as issuing from a mysterious source well beyond human understanding—and, since the poets were mostly dudes, that supernatural wellspring of inspiration has typically taken the form of a beautiful woman. Following in the tradition of the Greeks, who held the muse Euterpe responsible for beautiful music and lyricism, Sean Boog pays devout tribute to a woman named Hip-Hop on his latest single, A Love Never Dies. Over Jamla boss 9th Wonder‘s characteristically deft sample work, the Away Team emcee reaffirms his commitment to the girl who’s held him down through thick and thin. First in Flight State producer/emcee Khrysis celebrates her resilience (”A nation of millions, it couldn’t hold her back…”) on verse one, and Booth fave Rapsody waxes poetic about the genre she loves (minus the female personification) on the back end. Has this musical love letter left you starstruck? More dope beats and reflective rhymes await on Sean Boogie Nights, scheduled for release July 10, via The DJBooth and iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.