Since time immemorial, poetic talent has been regarded as issuing from a mysterious source well beyond human understanding—and, since the poets were mostly dudes, that supernatural wellspring of inspiration has typically taken the form of a beautiful woman. Following in the tradition of the Greeks, who held the muse Euterpe responsible for beautiful music and lyricism, Sean Boog pays devout tribute to a woman named Hip-Hop on his latest single, A Love Never Dies. Over Jamla boss 9th Wonder‘s characteristically deft sample work, the Away Team emcee reaffirms his commitment to the girl who’s held him down through thick and thin. First in Flight State producer/emcee Khrysis celebrates her resilience (”A nation of millions, it couldn’t hold her back…”) on verse one, and Booth fave Rapsody waxes poetic about the genre she loves (minus the female personification) on the back end. Has this musical love letter left you starstruck? More dope beats and reflective rhymes await on Sean Boogie Nights, scheduled for release July 10, via The DJBooth and iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.