Previously encountered on last December’s Takin’ Away, Away Team emcee Sean Boog proves that he’s an emcee listeners can count on (awful pun intended) with new single 1-2-3. Beatsmith Amp provides old-school, sampled production work laced with old-school cuts, and Boog comes with no-nonsense lyricism to match, lacing the beat with punchline-driven braggadocio. Appreciate the Carolina repper’s focus on the fundamentals? Then you’re sure to dig the hot beats and rhymes in store on his Phantom of the Jamla LP, scheduled to drop May 17.
Written by richard on 04/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.