Previously encountered on last December’s Takin’ Away, Away Team emcee Sean Boog proves that he’s an emcee listeners can count on (awful pun intended) with new single 1-2-3. Beatsmith Amp provides old-school, sampled production work laced with old-school cuts, and Boog comes with no-nonsense lyricism to match, lacing the beat with punchline-driven braggadocio. Appreciate the Carolina repper’s focus on the fundamentals? Then you’re sure to dig the hot beats and rhymes in store on his Phantom of the Jamla LP, scheduled to drop May 17.
Written by richard on 04/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label