From catching his dad cheating to being labeled a “white boy” due to his interest in skateboarding, it’s safe to say that Miami spitter SDotBraddy deals with quite a lot in the first verse of his newest single, City Drive. The emcee is quick to move on though, and by the time the hook rolls around he’s quite literally blowing his problems out the window with the help of a little endo. Throughout City Drive, Braddy remains candid as he touches on some of his less bleak moments in life, including graduation. The Floridian lyricist’s candid rhymes are backed by production from Fresco Stevens, who keeps the record slightly jazzy thanks to the use of an occasional horn. Look out for City Drive on SDotBraddy’s Innovation mixtape, which is due out before the year is up.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/26/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.