Earlier this month, B.o.B. swept the 2010 Best of the Booth Awards’ Best Crossover Record category with Airplanes, a smash-hit whose appeal transcended national and genre boundaries. Now, the ATL hitmaker’s harnessed his powers of global appeal in order to help the three funkiest dudes in Dublin get some shine stateside. Walk Away, the latest single (and first Booth feature) from The Script, finds vocalist/keyboardist Danny O’Donoghue, guitarist/producer Mark Sheehan and drummer/multi-instrumentalist Glen Power telling a story of unlikely love over a lush, string-accented pop-rock backdrop. Enlisted for this remixed version of the record, Bobby Ray proves the perfect addition to the emotionally-charged jam; in heartfelt guest bars, he admits he’ll be lost without his girl but refusing to let her make him into somebody he’s not: “I’m sorry that I couldn’t be your fantasy, but if this ain’t what you want then you should leave.” Craving more new music from the Celtic soul brothers? You’ll find what you seek on their latest LP, Faith & Science, released in Sept. 2010 and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/20/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.