Earlier this month, B.o.B. swept the 2010 Best of the Booth Awards’ Best Crossover Record category with Airplanes, a smash-hit whose appeal transcended national and genre boundaries. Now, the ATL hitmaker’s harnessed his powers of global appeal in order to help the three funkiest dudes in Dublin get some shine stateside. Walk Away, the latest single (and first Booth feature) from The Script, finds vocalist/keyboardist Danny O’Donoghue, guitarist/producer Mark Sheehan and drummer/multi-instrumentalist Glen Power telling a story of unlikely love over a lush, string-accented pop-rock backdrop. Enlisted for this remixed version of the record, Bobby Ray proves the perfect addition to the emotionally-charged jam; in heartfelt guest bars, he admits he’ll be lost without his girl but refusing to let her make him into somebody he’s not: “I’m sorry that I couldn’t be your fantasy, but if this ain’t what you want then you should leave.” Craving more new music from the Celtic soul brothers? You’ll find what you seek on their latest LP, Faith & Science, released in Sept. 2010 and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/20/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.