While I’ve mostly overcome my tendency to leave important sh*t till the last minute, selecting a Halloween costume brings out the procrastinator in me. (This year I hit a new low, by just throwing on a pair of cat ears as an excuse to go to a party.) The chick to whom Booth newcomer Script Shepherd dedicated this lead EP single, on the other hand, has it easy—she can just go as herself. Premiering, along with its official visuals, on our front page, this upbeat R&B jam finds the Montreal-born, Brooklyn-based singer offering social commentary thinly veiled beneath a seasonal theme. With Grammy Award-winning beat crew The Lion’s Share‘s blistering soul-rock grooves as his backdrop, Script laments the fact that women feel compelled to cake on so many cosmetics that, by the time they’re ready to step outside, you can barely recognize them. Feeling it? While Shepherd’s forthcoming EP as yet lacks both a title and a drop date, fans can stay keep it locked for the latest from this North of the Border buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 10/30/12
Submit your Rating
Foster Care Music,
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.