As you probably know Kendrick Lamar’s Backseat Freestyle hosts the emcee wildin’ out in the back of the whip. Like Kendrick, Scribes too is going HAM in the Backseat (New Ride), only instead of being with his boys, he is with a special lady. Captain Midnite lives up to his name, cooking up a beat that, with a shrouded synth base drips a late night vibe. Setting off the sultry cut, Scribes, with his silky, ear-catching vocals, spins a tale of a late night, um, “meeting” with a girl; oh by the way (as if you didn’t already know) the meeting takes place in the back of the car. Backseat (New Ride) is slated for inclusion on Scribes’ upcoming SeaCal Drive EP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Scribes’ Harry Clean-directed Backseat (New Ride) visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.