Usually when you hear the word “scram,” someone wants you to go away. In the case of NYC’s Scram Jones, however, those who hear his production work had best pay close attention; the New Rochelle native has lent his board work to numerous bangers such as Black Rob‘s Ready and Mariah‘s Your Girl. Traveling down the producer/DJ road, Scram Jones is preparing his debut compilation album, set for release later this year. On the introductory buzz single, Third Degree, Jones sticks to what he does best: concocting a sharp street banger. Along for the ride are Brooklynites Saigon and Nino Bless, as well as Long Beach veteran Crooked I, who all contribute seasoned, punch line-filled verses (”…and I love New York more than Tailor Made”). NYC, stand up.
Written by Burmy on 04/20/08
Submit your Rating
Beast Music Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yes We Can ft. Rhymefest, Haffa, & Saigon" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.