The superstitious hold that nothing good can happen on Friday the 13th, but I don’t buy it for a second. If today’s date were such bad luck, how do you explain Scram Jones‘s serendipitous reappearance after nearly two years away from the Booth? (His last feature, Wildside, dropped back in December of 2011.) Inspired by (and featuring samples from) the classic slasher flick of the same name, the Empire State representative’s latest EP single finds him flexing his lyrical muscles over his own driving, yet understated boardwork. Between verses, he showcases his skills behind the wheels of steel. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Scram Jones’s Dead Giveaway LP, scheduled to drop this October via Beast Music Records.
Written by richard on 09/13/13
Submit your Rating
Beast Music Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.