Though beatsmith/emcee/DJ Scram Jones is an appreciator of today’s urban-music scene, his heart still belongs to the timeless material he grew up on. On newly-released street single Boombap Jones, the Big Apple representative hops into his Wayback Machine for a tribute to ‘90s hip-hop, flowing over an instrumental built around three classic cuts. (Can you name ‘em?) Sure to resonate with veteran heads (and anyone who enjoys a dope throwback), this cut is one of many bangers set for inclusion on Jones’ The Hat Trick LP, scheduled to hit online retailers in October.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Beast Music Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.