Though beatsmith/emcee/DJ Scram Jones is an appreciator of today’s urban-music scene, his heart still belongs to the timeless material he grew up on. On newly-released street single Boombap Jones, the Big Apple representative hops into his Wayback Machine for a tribute to ‘90s hip-hop, flowing over an instrumental built around three classic cuts. (Can you name ‘em?) Sure to resonate with veteran heads (and anyone who enjoys a dope throwback), this cut is one of many bangers set for inclusion on Jones’ The Hat Trick LP, scheduled to hit online retailers in October.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
Beast Music Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.