It feels like I’ve been writing about so many familial acts recently that I’m half waiting for the Brady Bunch to reunite and start making hip-hop (I’m not complaining, if family ties means doper music, let’s do it). The brothers in question this week comprise SCR, a group that’s making its debut in the Booth today with their new single, Let’s Go In, but has been making waves in Pittsburgh for a hot minute. Comprised of singer Bubby and brother emcees Yung Champ and Dre Millz, SCR are hoping to prove their worth on a record that shows their broad range of skills, with lyrics and vocals far beyond their years (all three are under the age of 21). The production might be a little too T-Pain for some, after all it was produced by the man himself, but it’s hard to go wrong with Teddy’s backing, and SCR manages to make the track their own with a radio-friendly, catchy pop product. If you liked going in with this one be sure to keep a lookout for SCR’s self-titled EP, dropping in the near future.
Written by Sigurd on 04/17/11
Submit your Rating
Nappy Boy Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.