It feels like I’ve been writing about so many familial acts recently that I’m half waiting for the Brady Bunch to reunite and start making hip-hop (I’m not complaining, if family ties means doper music, let’s do it). The brothers in question this week comprise SCR, a group that’s making its debut in the Booth today with their new single, Let’s Go In, but has been making waves in Pittsburgh for a hot minute. Comprised of singer Bubby and brother emcees Yung Champ and Dre Millz, SCR are hoping to prove their worth on a record that shows their broad range of skills, with lyrics and vocals far beyond their years (all three are under the age of 21). The production might be a little too T-Pain for some, after all it was produced by the man himself, but it’s hard to go wrong with Teddy’s backing, and SCR manages to make the track their own with a radio-friendly, catchy pop product. If you liked going in with this one be sure to keep a lookout for SCR’s self-titled EP, dropping in the near future.
Written by Sigurd on 04/17/11
Submit your Rating
Nappy Boy Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.