“F**k the world, I’m a punk!” That’s the mantra Scotty The Kid lives by, and it’s served him damn well thus far in life. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, new single Say What finds the Arizona-born emcee flaunting his devil-may-care attitude as he describes his daily routine: “Smoke… drink… trap… repeat.” Aidean provides an appropriately in-your-face backdrop for Scott’s defiant bars, interweaving hi-hat rolls and bass wobbles with an eclectic array of samples (including a classic line from Pulp Fiction) and electronic flourishes. S.I.N.S. as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted on the project as further details emerge. In the meantime, why not take a listen to the artist’s last feature, March 2013’s Golden? And for those readers who live in the LA area, Scotty will be playing a show at The Troubadour on Thursday, February 27.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.