Coming straight outta Milwaukee is underground legend, Scottie Knoxx. After making a name for himself in Mil-Town’s mixtape circuit, Knoxx aligned his independent label, Xtra Entertainment, with Usher protégé and fellow Mil-Town native Rico Love‘s record label, Division 1 Records, and he geared up to do big things. On his new single, Killtown, Knoxx gives an articulate, yet streetwise account of the rawness of the Milwaukee streets, from the drug dealers and prostitutes to the gang bangers, and even refers to the Mil as the “home of the nation’s dirtiest police” (if you don’t know why, google Frank Jude.) Duly accompanied by producer Soundz, Killtown could help make the Mil-town legend a nationwide success!
Listen to More: Scott Knoxx
Written by Burmy on 08/1/07
Submit your Rating
Xtra Entertainment/Division 1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It On ft. Mike Payne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.