Coming straight outta Milwaukee is underground legend, Scottie Knoxx. After making a name for himself in Mil-Town’s mixtape circuit, Knoxx aligned his independent label, Xtra Entertainment, with Usher protégé and fellow Mil-Town native Rico Love‘s record label, Division 1 Records, and he geared up to do big things. On his new single, Killtown, Knoxx gives an articulate, yet streetwise account of the rawness of the Milwaukee streets, from the drug dealers and prostitutes to the gang bangers, and even refers to the Mil as the “home of the nation’s dirtiest police” (if you don’t know why, google Frank Jude.) Duly accompanied by producer Soundz, Killtown could help make the Mil-town legend a nationwide success!
Written by Burmy on 08/1/07
Submit your Rating
Xtra Entertainment/Division 1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It On ft. Mike Payne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.