Following his ‘07 Mr. International mixtape (which featured the likes of Eminem, Rhymefest, and Le’Che Martin among others), Milwaukee’s underground king Scottie Knoxx looks to kick off ‘08 with a bang. Using his strong connections, the Division 1 soldier brings out frequent musical partner Mike Payne and his Animal House production team to help him “do what he do” on Get It On. As the song goes, despite trying to live a luxurious lifestyle (e.g., popping Krug Rose bottles at the Chicago Four Seasons with a side of escargot), Knoxx’s heart and soul will always be in the hood. Scottie’s sophomore LP, Gorilla Monsoon, should hit the streets later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/14/08
Submit your Rating
Xtra Entertainment/Division 1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.