Thanks to the millions of albums he has sold nationwide, Chris Brown was afforded the opportunity to start his own record label. Obviously a smart businessman, the Virginia native created CBE Records and brokered a distribution deal through Interscope. This winter, the label will send its first hitter up to bat, 13 year-old rapper, writer and dancer Scooter Smiff. A Baltimore native, Smiff is no stranger to the limelight; at the ripe young age of five, he performed on the famed Showtime at the Apollo. On his debut single, Head of My Class, which doubles as the title of his forthcoming debut album, Smiff teams up with label boss Brown and producer Polow Da Don to create a teen-geared, club-ready banger. On Monday, the young man premiered his first-ever music video on BET’s Access Granted; just imagine what will happen if he also sells millions of albums.
Written by DJ Z on 11/4/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.