Thanks to the millions of albums he has sold nationwide, Chris Brown was afforded the opportunity to start his own record label. Obviously a smart businessman, the Virginia native created CBE Records and brokered a distribution deal through Interscope. This winter, the label will send its first hitter up to bat, 13 year-old rapper, writer and dancer Scooter Smiff. A Baltimore native, Smiff is no stranger to the limelight; at the ripe young age of five, he performed on the famed Showtime at the Apollo. On his debut single, Head of My Class, which doubles as the title of his forthcoming debut album, Smiff teams up with label boss Brown and producer Polow Da Don to create a teen-geared, club-ready banger. On Monday, the young man premiered his first-ever music video on BET’s Access Granted; just imagine what will happen if he also sells millions of albums.
Written by DJ Z on 11/4/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.