Though Scolla‘s work over the last few years has earned him a lifetime membership in the DJBooth Faves Club, with free entry to our exclusive VIP lounge (Neither of which exist outside my imagination, before you start bombarding Z with Emails.), it’s been a damn long time since he last blessed our front page with a new solo feature; his most recent, Take What’s Mine, dropped way back in February. Today, the Motown rhymesayer responds to hungry fans’ demands for new music with triumphant unreleased banger The Calling. Released to commemorate the artist’s September 8, birthday (which he happens to share with yours truly), the record finds The Baron Boys’ Coop flipping a lush, funky sample from The Miracles’ Callin Out Your Name as Scolla touts his mic skills, his realness, and his ironclad determination to succeed. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but the artist assures us that there’s “[m]ore new music on the way.”
Written by richard on 09/10/12
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.