Though Scolla‘s work over the last few years has earned him a lifetime membership in the DJBooth Faves Club, with free entry to our exclusive VIP lounge (Neither of which exist outside my imagination, before you start bombarding Z with Emails.), it’s been a damn long time since he last blessed our front page with a new solo feature; his most recent, Take What’s Mine, dropped way back in February. Today, the Motown rhymesayer responds to hungry fans’ demands for new music with triumphant unreleased banger The Calling. Released to commemorate the artist’s September 8, birthday (which he happens to share with yours truly), the record finds The Baron Boys’ Coop flipping a lush, funky sample from The Miracles’ Callin Out Your Name as Scolla touts his mic skills, his realness, and his ironclad determination to succeed. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but the artist assures us that there’s “[m]ore new music on the way.”
Written by richard on 09/10/12
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.