A lot of people are content to sit back and wait for life to give them everything they desire, laying on the couch with one hand tucked into their sweatpants and the other open, just waiting for someone to fill it. Not
Scolla. For the latest release off his #ScollasWebTour series, released in celebration of reaching the 5K Twitter followers landmark, the Detroit native declares that he’s the kind of man who will simply Take What’s Mine. ATLien Coop provides a piano driven beat layered with uplifting synths for Scolla to deliver his rhymes over, but he doesn’t go to work alone. Also taking what they’ve rightfully earned are North Carolina legend Rapper Big Pooh, who’s as hilariously clever as always, and Krizza’s frequent collaborator Big Sant, who reps handily for his ever growing Mississippi movement. Those looking for affirmation that there’s nothing wrong with their their daily routine of naps, Xbox and porn are out of luck, but those of us determined to take what’s ours, no matter the costs, just found a new anthem. Keep it locked for more stops on Scolla’s #ScollasWebTour, coming whenever we’re lucky.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/5/12
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.