A lot of people are content to sit back and wait for life to give them everything they desire, laying on the couch with one hand tucked into their sweatpants and the other open, just waiting for someone to fill it. Not
Scolla. For the latest release off his #ScollasWebTour series, released in celebration of reaching the 5K Twitter followers landmark, the Detroit native declares that he’s the kind of man who will simply Take What’s Mine. ATLien Coop provides a piano driven beat layered with uplifting synths for Scolla to deliver his rhymes over, but he doesn’t go to work alone. Also taking what they’ve rightfully earned are North Carolina legend Rapper Big Pooh, who’s as hilariously clever as always, and Krizza’s frequent collaborator Big Sant, who reps handily for his ever growing Mississippi movement. Those looking for affirmation that there’s nothing wrong with their their daily routine of naps, Xbox and porn are out of luck, but those of us determined to take what’s ours, no matter the costs, just found a new anthem. Keep it locked for more stops on Scolla’s #ScollasWebTour, coming whenever we’re lucky.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/5/12
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.