Motown fave Scolla has been in high demand as a guest artist lately; since late September, he’s popped up on featured cuts by Roger (Good Life), Anti-Lilly (Respiration) and Miles Marquee (Red Leather). In the meantime, he’s also been hard at work on his next solo set, which has now entered the mixing stage. Today, we get our first taste of the project in the form of Peace, a mellow rap ballad dedicated to the artist’s S.O. Over Tuscan‘s ebbing and flowing synth chords, Scolla showcases his skills as a singer and emcee. He even tries on both hats at once, incorporating a touch of melody into his flow. On the hook, he quotes from Ahmad‘s 1994 classic, Back in the Day. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the currently-unscheduled release of OG Cool.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.