Motown fave Scolla has been in high demand as a guest artist lately; since late September, he’s popped up on featured cuts by Roger (Good Life), Anti-Lilly (Respiration) and Miles Marquee (Red Leather). In the meantime, he’s also been hard at work on his next solo set, which has now entered the mixing stage. Today, we get our first taste of the project in the form of Peace, a mellow rap ballad dedicated to the artist’s S.O. Over Tuscan‘s ebbing and flowing synth chords, Scolla showcases his skills as a singer and emcee. He even tries on both hats at once, incorporating a touch of melody into his flow. On the hook, he quotes from Ahmad‘s 1994 classic, Back in the Day. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the currently-unscheduled release of OG Cool.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.