Motown fave Scolla has been in high demand as a guest artist lately; since late September, he’s popped up on featured cuts by Roger (Good Life), Anti-Lilly (Respiration) and Miles Marquee (Red Leather). In the meantime, he’s also been hard at work on his next solo set, which has now entered the mixing stage. Today, we get our first taste of the project in the form of Peace, a mellow rap ballad dedicated to the artist’s S.O. Over Tuscan‘s ebbing and flowing synth chords, Scolla showcases his skills as a singer and emcee. He even tries on both hats at once, incorporating a touch of melody into his flow. On the hook, he quotes from Ahmad‘s 1994 classic, Back in the Day. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the currently-unscheduled release of OG Cool.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.