Motown fave Scolla has been in high demand as a guest artist lately; since late September, he’s popped up on featured cuts by Roger (Good Life), Anti-Lilly (Respiration) and Miles Marquee (Red Leather). In the meantime, he’s also been hard at work on his next solo set, which has now entered the mixing stage. Today, we get our first taste of the project in the form of Peace, a mellow rap ballad dedicated to the artist’s S.O. Over Tuscan‘s ebbing and flowing synth chords, Scolla showcases his skills as a singer and emcee. He even tries on both hats at once, incorporating a touch of melody into his flow. On the hook, he quotes from Ahmad‘s 1994 classic, Back in the Day. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the currently-unscheduled release of OG Cool.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
Fab 5 ENT/USR
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was With You" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.