After getting fans all riled up with his last DJBooth release, Thank You featuring Kendrick Lamar, Los Angeles spitter Scoe has opted to take the solo route for his forthcoming album’s second single. Produced by Virginia beatmonger Nottz, They Ain’t Ready finds the West Coast representer dropping bars on his gradual come-up in hip-hop and his current cozy standing in the genre as he spits, “I gotta catch another flight before the night’s up/ I roll around with the S-N-Double-O-P, I’m from the pound I’m a D-O-Double-G.” Although the wordsmith might hail from Philly, They Ain’t Ready takes on a uniquely West Coast sound thanks to producer Nottz, who puts a Cali-inspired spin on the record’s robust production. They Ain’t Ready serves as the second offering from Scoe’s Tha Influence album, due out on December 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sunset Strip" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.