After getting fans all riled up with his last DJBooth release, Thank You featuring Kendrick Lamar, Los Angeles spitter Scoe has opted to take the solo route for his forthcoming album’s second single. Produced by Virginia beatmonger Nottz, They Ain’t Ready finds the West Coast representer dropping bars on his gradual come-up in hip-hop and his current cozy standing in the genre as he spits, “I gotta catch another flight before the night’s up/ I roll around with the S-N-Double-O-P, I’m from the pound I’m a D-O-Double-G.” Although the wordsmith might hail from Philly, They Ain’t Ready takes on a uniquely West Coast sound thanks to producer Nottz, who puts a Cali-inspired spin on the record’s robust production. They Ain’t Ready serves as the second offering from Scoe’s Tha Influence album, due out on December 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sunset Strip" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.