Looks like Logic and King Chip have a little competition. Just hours after the aforementioned emcees declared themselves Two Kings on the former’s latest promo cut, Los Angeles emcee Scoe stakes his own claim to The Crown on a freshly-minted single off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted mixtape. Premiered yesterday via Complex, the record finds the Empire Distribution signee emphasizing his passion for his craft and drive to succeed, backed by Just Blaze‘s sampled brass fanfare. Is Scoe destined to earn a place among hip-hop royalty? Only time will tell. If you think he has a shot, you won’t want to miss his latest mixtape, Tha Influence, when it hits our front page October 17, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sunset Strip" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.