Every year, there are a slew of songs that all have similar names or one buzz word in the title. 2012’s buzz word is ... drum roll, please… “light.” (Remember, “swag” was last year.) Emcee ScienZe checks in with Lights, a single that marks ‘12’s 20th DJBooth feature with “light” in the title. While it title is shared with numerous other tunes, ScienZe’s Lights is definitely a unique reccord. Manning the boards for this illuminating cut is Lord Quest, who builds a jazzy production, highlighted by a drawn out buzzing horn. ScienZe dedicates the single to his lady, using a smooth, confident flow to describe their relationship. Lights, along with The Quest(ion), featured last week, will be found on the Brooklyn native’s forthcoming album Ella.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.