Every year, there are a slew of songs that all have similar names or one buzz word in the title. 2012’s buzz word is ... drum roll, please… “light.” (Remember, “swag” was last year.) Emcee ScienZe checks in with Lights, a single that marks ‘12’s 20th DJBooth feature with “light” in the title. While it title is shared with numerous other tunes, ScienZe’s Lights is definitely a unique reccord. Manning the boards for this illuminating cut is Lord Quest, who builds a jazzy production, highlighted by a drawn out buzzing horn. ScienZe dedicates the single to his lady, using a smooth, confident flow to describe their relationship. Lights, along with The Quest(ion), featured last week, will be found on the Brooklyn native’s forthcoming album Ella.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.