Every year, there are a slew of songs that all have similar names or one buzz word in the title. 2012’s buzz word is ... drum roll, please… “light.” (Remember, “swag” was last year.) Emcee ScienZe checks in with Lights, a single that marks ‘12’s 20th DJBooth feature with “light” in the title. While it title is shared with numerous other tunes, ScienZe’s Lights is definitely a unique reccord. Manning the boards for this illuminating cut is Lord Quest, who builds a jazzy production, highlighted by a drawn out buzzing horn. ScienZe dedicates the single to his lady, using a smooth, confident flow to describe their relationship. Lights, along with The Quest(ion), featured last week, will be found on the Brooklyn native’s forthcoming album Ella.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)