Every year, there are a slew of songs that all have similar names or one buzz word in the title. 2012’s buzz word is ... drum roll, please… “light.” (Remember, “swag” was last year.) Emcee ScienZe checks in with Lights, a single that marks ‘12’s 20th DJBooth feature with “light” in the title. While it title is shared with numerous other tunes, ScienZe’s Lights is definitely a unique reccord. Manning the boards for this illuminating cut is Lord Quest, who builds a jazzy production, highlighted by a drawn out buzzing horn. ScienZe dedicates the single to his lady, using a smooth, confident flow to describe their relationship. Lights, along with The Quest(ion), featured last week, will be found on the Brooklyn native’s forthcoming album Ella.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.