Every year, there are a slew of songs that all have similar names or one buzz word in the title. 2012’s buzz word is ... drum roll, please… “light.” (Remember, “swag” was last year.) Emcee ScienZe checks in with Lights, a single that marks ‘12’s 20th DJBooth feature with “light” in the title. While it title is shared with numerous other tunes, ScienZe’s Lights is definitely a unique reccord. Manning the boards for this illuminating cut is Lord Quest, who builds a jazzy production, highlighted by a drawn out buzzing horn. ScienZe dedicates the single to his lady, using a smooth, confident flow to describe their relationship. Lights, along with The Quest(ion), featured last week, will be found on the Brooklyn native’s forthcoming album Ella.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.