Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
The perils of life on the block are well-documented but, when it’s a choice between getting good grades for uncertain future rewards and getting paid slinging that Yay Yay, it’s no surprise that many choose the latter. On the freshly-minted lead single off his debut studio album, ScHoolboy Q harks back to his formative years as an enterprising South Central cornerboy, pushing Oxy and cocaine for pocket money behind his grandmother’s back. Boi-1da provides a slow-rolling synth-sample instrumental to back his lyrical snapshots of the hustle. Feeling it? You’ll be bale to find Yay Yay and many more fresh cuts on ScHoolboy’s Oxymoron LP, dropping via TDE/Interscope at a yet-unspecified date later this year.
Written by richard on 03/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)