Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
The perils of life on the block are well-documented but, when it’s a choice between getting good grades for uncertain future rewards and getting paid slinging that Yay Yay, it’s no surprise that many choose the latter. On the freshly-minted lead single off his debut studio album, ScHoolboy Q harks back to his formative years as an enterprising South Central cornerboy, pushing Oxy and cocaine for pocket money behind his grandmother’s back. Boi-1da provides a slow-rolling synth-sample instrumental to back his lyrical snapshots of the hustle. Feeling it? You’ll be bale to find Yay Yay and many more fresh cuts on ScHoolboy’s Oxymoron LP, dropping via TDE/Interscope at a yet-unspecified date later this year.
Written by richard on 03/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.