Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
The perils of life on the block are well-documented but, when it’s a choice between getting good grades for uncertain future rewards and getting paid slinging that Yay Yay, it’s no surprise that many choose the latter. On the freshly-minted lead single off his debut studio album, ScHoolboy Q harks back to his formative years as an enterprising South Central cornerboy, pushing Oxy and cocaine for pocket money behind his grandmother’s back. Boi-1da provides a slow-rolling synth-sample instrumental to back his lyrical snapshots of the hustle. Feeling it? You’ll be bale to find Yay Yay and many more fresh cuts on ScHoolboy’s Oxymoron LP, dropping via TDE/Interscope at a yet-unspecified date later this year.
Written by richard on 03/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.