Update: The Jon Jon Augustavo-directed visuals for ScHoolboy Q’s Hell Of A Night single have been added.
Last Friday, was one Hell of a Night. But don’t take it from me. (No, really; the highlight of my evening was installing an air conditioner.) Take it from ScHoolboy Q, who debuted his latest promo single on the night’s NBA Playoff broadcast. While the Black Hippy member’s bars aren’t concerned with ballin’ of the athletic variety (the focus is more on the club), the record’s amped-up vibe makes it ideally suited for stadium rotation. DJ Dahi mans the boards, juxtaposing a serene choral-vocal sample with tension-ratcheting percussion as the L.A. repper urges listeners to “get up out [their seats] and jam.” Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this record, reader-acclaimed lead single Yay Yay and many more bangers on the artist’s Oxymoron LP, out now TDE.
Written by richard on 11/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.