Last Friday, the 25th, was one Hell of a Night. But don’t take it from me. (No, really; the highlight of my evening was installing an air conditioner.) Take it from ScHoolboy Q, who debuted his latest promo single on the night’s NBA Playoff broadcast. While the Black Hippy member’s bars aren’t concerned with ballin’ of the athletic variety (the focus is more on the club), the record’s amped-up vibe makes it ideally suited for stadium rotation. DJ Dahi mans the boards, juxtaposing a serene choral-vocal sample with tension-ratcheting percussion as the L.A. repper urges listeners to “get up out [their seats] and jam.” Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this record, reader-acclaimed lead single Yay Yay and many more bangers on the artist’s Oxymoron LP, dropping later this year via TDE.
Written by richard on 05/25/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)