Update: The Jon Jon Augustavo-directed visuals for ScHoolboy Q’s Hell Of A Night single have been added.
Last Friday, was one Hell of a Night. But don’t take it from me. (No, really; the highlight of my evening was installing an air conditioner.) Take it from ScHoolboy Q, who debuted his latest promo single on the night’s NBA Playoff broadcast. While the Black Hippy member’s bars aren’t concerned with ballin’ of the athletic variety (the focus is more on the club), the record’s amped-up vibe makes it ideally suited for stadium rotation. DJ Dahi mans the boards, juxtaposing a serene choral-vocal sample with tension-ratcheting percussion as the L.A. repper urges listeners to “get up out [their seats] and jam.” Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this record, reader-acclaimed lead single Yay Yay and many more bangers on the artist’s Oxymoron LP, out now TDE.
Written by richard on 11/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.